May - Tree Pose
V R K S A S A N A
vrks - tree asana - posture, pose or seat (all poses end with this)
Try finding one point about 5ft head of you to keep your gaze fixed on. By steadying your eyes you might find it easier to balance in Tree Pose, or any other balancing asana.
- Strengthens feet, legs buttocks, back, abdomen and shoulders
- Stretches legs Stabilizes ankles, knees, hips; relieves sciatica
- Stimulates nervous system
- Develops concentration, balance, poise
PRECAUTIONS - PROCEED WITH CARE IF YOU HAVE
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure or heat conditions: practice carefully, do not lift arms overhead
- Weak knees: keep standing knee soft/slightly bent to avoid hyper extension.
- Difficulty balancing: lift only heel, leave toes on ground or block.