June - Warrior I Pose
V I R A B H A D R A S A N A E K A
vira – bravery, courage bhadra – blessed, auspicous eka – one
- Strengthens feet, legs, buttocks, back, abdomen, shoulders arms
- Stretches legs, abdomen, chest
- Stabilizes ankles, knees, hips
- Stimulates circulation and digestion, relieves constipation and sciatica
- Tones abdominal organs, especially kidneys, helping in the elimination of toxins
- Stimulates the mind; builds concentration, confidence, strength
PRECAUTIONS - PROCEED WITH CARE IF YOU HAVE:
- Recent or chronic ankle, knee, hip or shoulder injury, inflammation or pain.
- High blood pressure or heart conditions: practice carefully without long holding times, keep arms on hips.