October - Warrior II Pose
V I R A B H A D R A S A N AII
vira - bravery, courage bhadra - blessed, auspicious asana - posture, pose
Virabhadra is a warrior from Indian Mythology.
Keep your front toes pointing forward and align your knee over your ankle in line with the center of your foot. Steady yourself by keeping your gaze over your front middle finger. Ground firmly through your back leg.
- Stretches and strengthens the legs, hips, shoulders, arms and chest
- Increases stamina
- Improves breathing capacity by expanding the chest
- Can relieve lower backache
- High blood pressure or heart conditions: practice carefully without long holding times, keep arms on hip
- Recent or chronic ankle, knee, hip or shoulder injury, inflammation or pain.